Lovely collection for GBBD. That white Bottlebrush caught my eye ... it's beautiful! Hebes are something that we can't grow up here so I find them very interesting plants ... and you have two great specimens. It's been raining a fair bit up here and it's stifling hot and sticky ... how's the south?
I have been having internet issues today. I tired to leave a comment, but don't know if it took, so forgive me if I try to post a second one and you end up with two. My favorite of the lovely flowers you have blooming would be the Callistemon Little John. It is delicate and feathery.
Lovely blooms! We're in the grip of Old Man Winter here with more snow on the way tonight, so it's a delight to see all your greenery and vibrant colors. Your bottlebrush is making me anxious for spring--I just planted one myself this fall. Happy Bloom Day!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm quite jealous of your climate: yours are the plants I'd love to be growing, especially that callistemon. I have a marginally hardy one - now to see if it survives the predicted cold (for us) winter.
Thanks everyone for visiting. Bernie, we have had so much rain. We're lucky to get two or three fine days in a row, and the heavy clay soil doesn't dry out that fast so progress this spring has been slow. One, we used to use eucy mulch (eucalyptus mulch) when we started this particular garden but these days it seems the use of fine uniform mulches is discouraged. We had noticed it compacts a lot and in some areas the soil had become water repellent. We still use eucy mulch for informal paths, it's great for that, very nice to walk on and good at suppressing weeds. For garden beds we've recently started using forest litter, which is supposed to let water through better and break down faster to feed the soil. I thought I posted a photo of the mulches in an earlier post but I can't seem to find it right now, way past my bedtime. Missy, I would love to go see Jimmy Buffett! I had persuaded my hubby that I was due for a trip to Sydney, but I think it's too soon and I have a lot I want to get done. Even a short holiday seems a bit too much to plan right now. Elaine and Appalachian Feet, the bottlebrush was full of butterflies and bees this afternoon.
Hi Mac, when i saw your comment in my blog, thought you were a man, while reading your comments here, found otherwise. Thanks for visiting mine, by the way. I haven't been to Canberra, saw lots of bottlebrush in Sydney and suburbs, but not that white cute ones on this post. It's so beautiful.
I love the red on your bottle brush. That's one of those plants that I always almost buy whenever I'm shopping for plants, but I can never quite commit to it. I probably should-it seems like it would be harder to kill than a lot of the other things I bring home!
It's a delight to see your Aussie blooms while outside all is white and the temps are frigid here tonight. I love seeing those natives. The Callistemon takes me right back. Thank you, and thanks for stopping by :)
I wanted to thank you for your nice wishes and extend my own to you. Have a joyous and blessed holiday season. And keep those pretty blooms posted. We in the cold and snowy Northeast US need our flower fix!
I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.
I'll look to see if there are a couple flowers on my Rosemary - tomorrow, since today up and over here is just barely Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteLovely collection for GBBD. That white Bottlebrush caught my eye ... it's beautiful! Hebes are something that we can't grow up here so I find them very interesting plants ... and you have two great specimens. It's been raining a fair bit up here and it's stifling hot and sticky ... how's the south?
ReplyDeleteYou must get a ton of butterflies in your garden - such beautiful flowers. Happy Holidays!
ReplyDeleteI knew before I clicked that I would see beautiful blooms here. And right I was.
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers!!! Like the last 2 shots most. What do you use as mulch?
ReplyDeletealoha
ReplyDeletei love your summer colors, those hebes are such stalwarts and the calistemons are so australian
happy summer in your neck of the woods
noel
I have been having internet issues today. I tired to leave a comment, but don't know if it took, so forgive me if I try to post a second one and you end up with two. My favorite of the lovely flowers you have blooming would be the Callistemon Little John. It is delicate and feathery.
ReplyDeleteThat white bottlebrush is beautiful - looks like it is just beginning to flower too.
ReplyDeleteOn a differrent note: in your profile I saw you like Jimmy Buffett. Are you going to his concert? I can't get there but I'd love to.
Lovely plants. I especially enjoy seeing the ones we have in common even though we are on opposite sides of the globe. Happy holidays to you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! These all look like they'd be great at attracting beneficial insects, too.
ReplyDeleteLovely blooms! We're in the grip of Old Man Winter here with more snow on the way tonight, so it's a delight to see all your greenery and vibrant colors. Your bottlebrush is making me anxious for spring--I just planted one myself this fall. Happy Bloom Day!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blooms! Thank you for visiting my blog.
ReplyDeleteHappy Bloom Day, and Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm quite jealous of your climate: yours are the plants I'd love to be growing, especially that callistemon. I have a marginally hardy one - now to see if it survives the predicted cold (for us) winter.
ReplyDeleteI wish it was summer here!
ReplyDeleteAh! Summer! It looks like you have a similar, if reversed, climate to Davis. I need to look into white bottlebrush,,,I've never seen it.
ReplyDeleteHappy bloom day Mac! Must be strange to have the holidays in such a paradise of blossoms...But you're probably used to it.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for visiting.
ReplyDeleteBernie, we have had so much rain. We're lucky to get two or three fine days in a row, and the heavy clay soil doesn't dry out that fast so progress this spring has been slow.
One, we used to use eucy mulch (eucalyptus mulch) when we started this particular garden but these days it seems the use of fine uniform mulches is discouraged. We had noticed it compacts a lot and in some areas the soil had become water repellent. We still use eucy mulch for informal paths, it's great for that, very nice to walk on and good at suppressing weeds. For garden beds we've recently started using forest litter, which is supposed to let water through better and break down faster to feed the soil. I thought I posted a photo of the mulches in an earlier post but I can't seem to find it right now, way past my bedtime.
Missy, I would love to go see Jimmy Buffett! I had persuaded my hubby that I was due for a trip to Sydney, but I think it's too soon and I have a lot I want to get done. Even a short holiday seems a bit too much to plan right now.
Elaine and Appalachian Feet, the bottlebrush was full of butterflies and bees this afternoon.
Thanks for the dose of summer! I wish the Callistemon Little John has a chance of surviving our winter...it's a knockout!
ReplyDeleteHi Mac, when i saw your comment in my blog, thought you were a man, while reading your comments here, found otherwise. Thanks for visiting mine, by the way. I haven't been to Canberra, saw lots of bottlebrush in Sydney and suburbs, but not that white cute ones on this post. It's so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOn this day that we received 3 inches of snow, I'm yearning for spring seeing your pretty blooms!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful summery blooms! Bottlebrush always makes me happy to see.
ReplyDeleteNice looking blooms! I love that bottle brush plant.
ReplyDeleteI love the red on your bottle brush. That's one of those plants that I always almost buy whenever I'm shopping for plants, but I can never quite commit to it. I probably should-it seems like it would be harder to kill than a lot of the other things I bring home!
ReplyDeleteOh, it's so nice to see summer again! Lovely. You have so many pretty plants.
ReplyDeleteIt's a delight to see your Aussie blooms while outside all is white and the temps are frigid here tonight. I love seeing those natives. The Callistemon takes me right back. Thank you, and thanks for stopping by :)
ReplyDeleteI wanted to thank you for your nice wishes and extend my own to you. Have a joyous and blessed holiday season. And keep those pretty blooms posted. We in the cold and snowy Northeast US need our flower fix!
ReplyDeleteThank you.
ReplyDeleteArgh, adding to the to do list, recharge camera battery!