Such beautiful blooms! All plant I can't grow up here, so it's lovely seeing them in all their finery! Just love the Hebes.
Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes all my family are fine, thankfullly. We had various family members in Toowoomba, Gympie and Brisbane which were all flooded, but everyone is OK. Such a relief.
We are under a complete snow cover and expecting more today, and I have no flowering houseplants so no GBBD for me. I can enjoy all the Southern Hemisphere and California participants, including yours. Kniphofia is one of my favorites.
I like your first photo. Flying flowers are not always cooperative. Perhaps they felt relaxed and calm with white. Otherwise, they would have been fluttering around.
Welcome to blogging! The sidebar pics of your garden are gorgeous! I'm looking forward to following your blog. Beautiful Bloom Day pics, too. Your first pic looks like what we call "Red Hot Poker" here in TX. I haven't checked if the botanical name is the same. I looked at previous posts and notice that you grow Photinias there. Do y'all have the same issues with entomosporium fungal leaf spot? We have a terrible issue with it here and don't advise planting them anymore. They were all the rage 20 some years ago, though.
I love the color of your kniphofia, and how full of blooms it is! Mine won't be even up out of the ground until May. I am sad that I didn't remember to bring my agapanthus pot inside for the winter. I did last year, but it never did bloom. I guess that's a plant I shouldn't try to grow, unless I spend the cash for a pot that's already blooming, and then treat it as an annual. On the other hand, I could just enjoy growing plants that do well in my growing zone.
Yes, kniphofias are red hot pokers, except mine are the yellow variety so the name didn't seem to suit. Photinias are a very popular hedging plant here and quite a few new varieties have been released in recent years. I haven't heard of any disease problems here. I haven't joined Blotanical yet but I intend to. Thanks for visiting and I hope I didn't miss any questions.
Hi, Mac; The Red Hot Pokers are a favorite perennial in my gardens. Mine all flower at about the same time, for the 4th of July celebrations over here. My version of fireworks... :) Happy Bloom Day!
Hi, Mac, My red hot poker is yellow, too! I love it when it blooms. I don't know if my Agapanthus will have survived the winter. If not, I will try again, becuase I like them very much. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
Your plants are very familiar to me...I have the same ones...agapanthus, hebe, kniphofia but mine won't bloom for a few more months. Australian plants do well here in central Ca. I like your garden!
No hummingbirds! I never thought that they weren't everywhere, espically since your plants look familiar to this Texas gardener. Hummingbirds are a treat. I hope you have some small bird that is equally as gratifying to watch.
I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.
Such beautiful blooms! All plant I can't grow up here, so it's lovely seeing them in all their finery! Just love the Hebes.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog. Yes all my family are fine, thankfullly. We had various family members in Toowoomba, Gympie and Brisbane which were all flooded, but everyone is OK. Such a relief.
I knew I would see seasonal blooms here. Make me jealous, would you. :grin:
ReplyDeleteThe Hebes are beautiful - are they a big attraction for hummingbirds and butterflies? They look like they would be. Happy Bloom Day!
ReplyDeleteWe are under a complete snow cover and expecting more today, and I have no flowering houseplants so no GBBD for me. I can enjoy all the Southern Hemisphere and California participants, including yours. Kniphofia is one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteI like your first photo. Flying flowers are not always cooperative. Perhaps they felt relaxed and calm with white. Otherwise, they would have been fluttering around.
ReplyDeleteButterflies and bees love the hebes, but unfortunately we don't have hummingbirds in Australia.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to blogging! The sidebar pics of your garden are gorgeous! I'm looking forward to following your blog. Beautiful Bloom Day pics, too. Your first pic looks like what we call "Red Hot Poker" here in TX. I haven't checked if the botanical name is the same. I looked at previous posts and notice that you grow Photinias there. Do y'all have the same issues with entomosporium fungal leaf spot? We have a terrible issue with it here and don't advise planting them anymore. They were all the rage 20 some years ago, though.
ReplyDeleteHave you joined Blotanical?
ReplyDeletealoha
ReplyDeleteyou have a wonderful display, i'm a total fan of hebes and kniphofias, it must be nice to have spring now :)
have a great weekend
Lovely blooms you have Mac, love all of them! Happy Bloom Day to you!
ReplyDeleteI love the color of your kniphofia, and how full of blooms it is! Mine won't be even up out of the ground until May. I am sad that I didn't remember to bring my agapanthus pot inside for the winter. I did last year, but it never did bloom. I guess that's a plant I shouldn't try to grow, unless I spend the cash for a pot that's already blooming, and then treat it as an annual. On the other hand, I could just enjoy growing plants that do well in my growing zone.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my GBBD post.
Love the the Agapanthus.. Thanks for sharing some blooms and some warmth!
ReplyDeleteYes, kniphofias are red hot pokers, except mine are the yellow variety so the name didn't seem to suit.
ReplyDeletePhotinias are a very popular hedging plant here and quite a few new varieties have been released in recent years. I haven't heard of any disease problems here.
I haven't joined Blotanical yet but I intend to.
Thanks for visiting and I hope I didn't miss any questions.
Hi, Mac;
ReplyDeleteThe Red Hot Pokers are a favorite perennial in my gardens. Mine all flower at about the same time, for the 4th of July celebrations over here. My version of fireworks... :) Happy Bloom Day!
That Knipfophia is striking in the landscape. Such beautiful blooms you have!
ReplyDeleteHi, Mac, My red hot poker is yellow, too! I love it when it blooms. I don't know if my Agapanthus will have survived the winter. If not, I will try again, becuase I like them very much. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
ReplyDeleteYou just brightened my gray January day with your lovely blooms. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteYour plants are very familiar to me...I have the same ones...agapanthus, hebe, kniphofia but mine won't bloom for a few more months. Australian plants do well here in central Ca. I like your garden!
ReplyDeleteNo hummingbirds! I never thought that they weren't everywhere, espically since your plants look familiar to this Texas gardener. Hummingbirds are a treat. I hope you have some small bird that is equally as gratifying to watch.
ReplyDeleteWe have some lovely birds, either in colour or habit, but nothing quite like hummingbirds.
ReplyDelete