Friday, April 15, 2011

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day to everyone in the northern hemisphere, it must be such an exciting time and I'm looking forward to seeing what's blooming for you at  May Dreams Gardens.

The leaves are really changing in the past few days. Night-time temperatures are creeping towards freezing. Last night was 4℃ 39℉. The days have been in the high teens℃ low 60's℉ but next week is forecast to be back in the low 20's℃ low 70's℉ which would be very nice.


The new lawn has been sown so access to the garden is somewhat restricted, but over there, to the right of the tree...


... my telephoto lens spies a geum and an echeveria.

18 comments:

  1. The new shoots on the trees look like soft hankerchiefs in pastel colours of pink, yellow and green. You garden is waking up to spring. Happy GBBD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sweeping path. I bet you love your new lens too. Happy GBBD Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mac for dropping by and for the appreciation.
    The different colored leaves are looking so pretty!Looking forward to seeing your new lawn in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mac, Happy Bloom Day to you! Autumn and Spring are my favorite seasons. It looks as though you will be having some lovely Autumn foliage soon! I planted geum for the first time last Autumn. It made it through the winter and now I am eager for it to get growing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Autumn Belle, it's autumn here... but I must admit sometimes when chatting online I get so caught up in someone else's excitement I forget and get excited too :-)
    Thanks for visiting, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree is gorgeous. I do love autumn, even if winter looms after it. Enjoy the cool weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be so interesting to follow your garden as you enter autumn while we here in the US are entering spring. Thanks for stopping by my site for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate your visit to my blog Romerikshaven, it is great that we can share the same interest worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing your autumn foliage is a nice change from daffodils and tulips today. But I am glad we're into spring now--I remember being so envious on Bloom Days this winter seeing all your blooms while I was staring at snow:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for dropping by! I adore Fall and the leaves changing, it's my favorite time of year here so I'll be back to see how things are progressing where you are. A belated happy Garden Blogger's Bloom Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for coming by and leaving a comment – that gate photo is the entrance to my home. Love Daphne! The fragrance is amazing ~ it’s been difficult for me to see why folks here in Seattle would enjoy this plant – (it’s very temperamental) been planted for three years and this is the best it’s looked so far. I have blooms on it this year and green – more leggy than I’d have hoped…but every year looking better & better. Thanks for the encouragement on the pear trees – I am excited about seeing them flower next year & what they will look like in the fall…..xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. ps - i host a garden party on Thursay's & would love to have you link up! you have some beautiful garden photo's to share! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jo, I just posted some photos of autumn foliage on my other blog if you'd like to have a look.
    Tracie, I remember the lovely fragrance of daphne from my parents previous home. I'll check out your garden party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing what it's like on the opposite side of the world where it is Autumn instead of Spring. That's a beautiful shot of the changing foliage. A few weeks ago here the trees were full of pastel colors as they began to bud and leave out - it was almost like a muted version of Autumn.
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and expressing your concern after learning of the storms we had last weekend. We did have quite a bit of Tornado destruction in Wilson where I live - the tornado came through just one block from where I work and destroyed many businesses in its path. My home wasn't in the path of the storm and I feel very fortunate that both home and workplace were spared.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to admit I am not very excited to see fall foliage, as we are still waiting for spring here after a very long winter. Well, maybe spring is here but it's not a very nice one - cold and rainy. Still, the leaves on your tree are beautiful - almost as though they have been dipped in an autumn glaze. I love the hardscaping in your garden - very nice! I have yet to try geum but always am drawn to it. And who can ignore an echeveria in bloom? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Mac, I came to your Bloom Day post late, but so glad I didn't miss it. Your autumn garden is beautiful, especially that sweeping pathway. P x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mac, I'm always delighted to see you visiting my corner of Katy so I thought I'd return the favor. I hope winter is kind to you and your garden Down Under.

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.