All the trees are virtually bare now except the Japanese Maple. Other plants featured in these photos include Variegated Aucuba or Gold Dust Plant, Nandina, Hebe, Lomandra Tanika, Correa and Photinia.
Your Japanese maple is gorgeous. I love fall colors, and the cooler weather. The winds are my favorite at that time of year. The rest of the year I hate the winds, but in the fall, there's something magical about it rustling through the falling leaves.
OH, how I love the Japanese maple! Yours is so lovely. We just cannot grow them here as it gets too cold. I don't think there is another tree that can compare to them.
Thank you so much for the kind comment on my blog, too. I really appreciated it!
I have been enjoying perusing many of your posts and had to stop here to admire your Japanese Maple. I was so sad to pull ours out this spring as it had succumb to the drought we had last year. I tried to keep a slow drip on it through last summer and waited to see signs of life this year. But,I suppose it wasn't enough. It was special to us because we planted it when it was very small and just about the same height as our daughter.... she called it her tree.
We are at the hottest time of our year and I am reading about your season which is so different. Lovely to see your photos!
Hi Lorraine. I'm so sorry about your maple. I planted a fine leafed maple a few years ago because my son likes them and it struggled very much in the heat and our clay soil, and then I'm ashamed to say I hastened its demise with an overly strong mix of seaweed solution.
I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.
Your Japanese maple is gorgeous. I love fall colors, and the cooler weather. The winds are my favorite at that time of year. The rest of the year I hate the winds, but in the fall, there's something magical about it rustling through the falling leaves.
ReplyDeleteWow - the autumn colour in your garden is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colors indeed
ReplyDeleteMmmm, your fall colors make me smile! 101F read the thermometer in my car today! Crazy hot for May.
ReplyDeleteThe foliage that is left is beautiful, and I'm glad it's there, and not here.
ReplyDeleteI think red foliage is the most beautiful colour of autumn.
ReplyDeleteOH, how I love the Japanese maple! Yours is so lovely. We just cannot grow them here as it gets too cold. I don't think there is another tree that can compare to them.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the kind comment on my blog, too. I really appreciated it!
Beautiful maple! I hope mine looks as good this autumn
ReplyDeleteI have been enjoying perusing many of your posts and had to stop here to admire your Japanese Maple. I was so sad to pull ours out this spring as it had succumb to the drought we had last year. I tried to keep a slow drip on it through last summer and waited to see signs of life this year. But,I suppose it wasn't enough. It was special to us because we planted it when it was very small and just about the same height as our daughter.... she called it her tree.
ReplyDeleteWe are at the hottest time of our year and I am reading about your season which is so different. Lovely to see your photos!
Kindly, Lorraine
Hi Lorraine. I'm so sorry about your maple. I planted a fine leafed maple a few years ago because my son likes them and it struggled very much in the heat and our clay soil, and then I'm ashamed to say I hastened its demise with an overly strong mix of seaweed solution.
ReplyDelete