Sunday, May 1, 2011

More Autumn Trees

Our birches are only just turning yellow, though there are more advanced ones in the area.


The differences in our two oldest Trident Maples, planted at the same time, continue to be evident. One is wider, the other is narrow and slower growing. The wide one has more red in its autumn foliage, the narrow one is more yellow.


1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your 4 season part of Australia,. and how we are both doing the exact opposite thing with the seasons every time. Trying to be spring here, but the largest icy blast I have seen in early May is forming to our north, to greet us the next few days.

    I had no idea birches would grow there, either.

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.