Thursday, June 16, 2011

Winter Flowers

Here's what's flowering in my garden in southern Australia in the first month of winter.

This Abutilon was an impulse buy last autumn. I have never grown one of these before. I was surprised to see it still has a bloom.



The native Correas have a few tiny flowers. I am not very experienced with these either. I thought they were winter flowering and I hoped they would have more flowers. Maybe it is too early?




I'm linking this post to Seepferds Garten.

6 comments:

  1. What fun, a new face in our June flowers circle. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mac,
    thank you for joining Blogger Blüten!
    I really love Abutilon! In Berlin it´s a plant for rooms or winter gardens and I had no luck, it died... :-(
    Good to see the bloom on yours!
    Wish you a wonderful time!
    Gesine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not bad for the middle of winter! I hope your Correa blooms more and you're not disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visit! I hope your garden continues to bloom a little longer. Before Winter really sets in...

    All the best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abutilon's sadly are not hardy here in Scotland but are great in a pot on the patio like what you have for your winter display.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with those plants. They are nice looking ones. I hope you find a clematis, like you said on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.