Friday, July 29, 2011

Coldest Night in Seventeen Years

Cosily ensconced in our heated living room I gazed out the window and thought something has changed, the light seems different, it's almost as if... spring is coming!

And then hubby came up to the window and showed me what he found in the bird bath. At 4.30 in the afternoon!


I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it was -8℃ 17℉ last night. That's our coldest night in seventeen years. During the day though it got up to a very pleasant 14℃ 57℉.

6 comments:

  1. Brrr...I'm anxiously awaiting the changing light. I know just what you mean. It's the most gorgeous light for photography (fall-spring here). Probably not winter for others but if we have a warm winter the flowers keep on going! Justification for enduring our summers I guess ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrr. I'm glad it warmed up some during the day! Funny - here we're having record heat! Guess that how it's balancing itself out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A relatively warm -6℃ 21℉ last night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! that happened to me one year also, one inch of bird bath water frozen solid, in Los Angeles near the beach! Amazing isn't it? rather funny

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a strange weather this year! We had so much rain the whole summer, it was like a monsoon. Normally we have a dry, hot summer in Berlin...

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.