Thursday, August 18, 2011

Rain

Heavy rain in the past day has taken Canberra's rainfall over the monthly average for August. The bathroom exhaust fan, which we thought after two years of battles was finally fixed, leaked again.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your leak. Is the rain welcome?

    Thanks for your comment on my most recent post. It made me giggle, because we do not use the word, "sort". I had to read it to my husband, because we sometimes watch shows from England, and enjoy hearing the different ways they talk. I like how they say they are going to have a clean out, when I would say I am going to clean whatever out. I tried looking up what "sort" means in Australia or England, and couldn't find the answer. What does it mean? I must have sorted that boy well, because I haven't seen him since that day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck dealing with the rain. Hopefully is not much problems

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember when the expression used to be "sorted out" and recently I've noticed people are dropping the "out". It isn't even an expression I personally use much, just was the first thing that popped into my head that day.
    The bathroom is going to need some work and it's a bit depressing to think how much is because of poor workmanship and incorrect installation and shouldn't be necessary at all. I know it's a bit pathetic of me to dwell on it when so many people are really doing it tough with the floods and fires in the US and the ongoing earthquake recovery in Christchurch and Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can relate to this post. We're on a treadmill again too, and it's not much fun, but hopefully brighter days are ahead. We have a whole bunch of house remodeling to do, too, and haven't even started thinking seriously about it because it's overwhelming. There's always something!

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.