Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Changeable Weather

Sunday felt like summer, confirmed by an article in the local paper, at 27℃ 80℉ it was the hottest September day since 1980! It was a lovely day for the Open Garden visit which I wrote about here.

Today I was woken at 6am by the sound of what I thought was hail, after a few minutes I went to look out the window and was surprised to see there was none on the ground, those raindrops must have been huge to make such a sound. I had thought I might take some more garden photos as things are changing quickly but the day was windy and mostly cloudy so I didn't. Most of the trees are leafing out now, the red of the photinias is changing to a dull bronze on its way to green, one of the diosmas is flowering and there are buds appearing on some of the bottlebrushes.

6 comments:

  1. Here, we had high temps all summer that beat the records of 1980. (That must have been a bad year everywhere!) I hope your weather settles down and it doesn't turn into a record breaking year for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney has been similar. One day below 20, a couple of days later almost 30!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are having wet days too, and it's been raining almost every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, sunny but very windy which is bringing the apparent temp down. The weekend, forecast rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our weather has been changing from week to week, too, sometimes very nice, sometimes hot, and other times cold.

    You asked me about lemongrass. It is grown as an annual here. I really need to be using some in a recipe. I also need to see if I can preserve it in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had some hot days early this month, but now we are getting the cold. Autumn is here for sure

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.