Wishing everyone a Very Merry Christmas
and a Wonderful New Year!
We had a beautiful sunny morning and the garden looked lovely. Hubby had run around with the lawnmower yesterday because with so much rain the lawn has been growing like crazy. By lunchtime there was thunder in the distance. We ate pancakes with ricotta and fresh berries made by my son while watching the replay of last night's Carols By Candlelight (must have Denis Walter, Silvie Paladino, Marina Prior and David Hobson at Christmas). And then the rain pelted down. Many Aussies choose seafood for the Christmas meal but we've always stuck with turkey, except for the year we had the kitchen renovated. We had seafood the last couple of days, prawn salads for lunch and fish for dinner, all made by my very clever son. Now the house is filling with the delicious aroma of roasting turkey, and there's cake for later, and shortbread for much later if we have room.
I hope everyone has/had a lovely Christmas Day. My thoughts are also with those awaiting the cyclone in the Northern territory, those dealing with the aftermath of today's bad storm down in Victoria and yet more tremors in Christchurch, all the people who spend this family-oriented day working away from home serving their communities and their countries in various ways, everyone missing someone or worried about someone at this happy festive time, everyone adjusting to different circumstances at a time when traditions and reminiscences occupy people's minds... I'm sure I've forgotten someone, I guess I'm just trying to say I know not everyone is gathered around a festive table tonight without a care in the world, and I'm sending good thoughts to you.
May 2012 be a good one for everyone!

Hello Mac. Wow, there are many nice plants at your home. wish i have a bigger space to plant more. happy new year!!!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about the different customs around this time. I, too, hope the earth will stay calm and let peace reign for a day. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you!
ReplyDeleteJulie
Thank you for your wishes. That sounds really tasty! Currently growing in our mind - we have snow. I wish you a merry Christmas still a nice end to the year!
ReplyDelete♥ Greetings