Crepe myrtle in Australia? That's so cool!! They are such a traditional southern plant here. I have three big ones in my garden. Perhaps your neighbors agapanthus is in a slightly warmer/cooler microclimate than yours which is why it's blooming earlier. Is it getting reflected sun that's warming it up a bit? I've had to factor reflected light from windows/buildings into my plantings to keep my plants from getting fried in the summer. Only plants that really like to broil are placed near the windows.
The frost affects the agapanthus here but it comes back pretty well in the warmer weather. Happy New Year everyone! I was going to do a New Year post but as you can see, I didn't.
I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.
Crepe myrtle in Australia? That's so cool!! They are such a traditional southern plant here. I have three big ones in my garden. Perhaps your neighbors agapanthus is in a slightly warmer/cooler microclimate than yours which is why it's blooming earlier. Is it getting reflected sun that's warming it up a bit? I've had to factor reflected light from windows/buildings into my plantings to keep my plants from getting fried in the summer. Only plants that really like to broil are placed near the windows.
ReplyDeleteI love when the crepe myrtle starts blooming! Such a beautiful tree. I think you need to give your agapanthus a stern talking-to! haha
ReplyDeleteAha, reflected heat, that's what it probably is!
ReplyDeleteI wish agapanthus would grow here, I admire it every time I see it. It looks like you have a nice drift too.
ReplyDeleteThe frost affects the agapanthus here but it comes back pretty well in the warmer weather.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year everyone! I was going to do a New Year post but as you can see, I didn't.