My husband dug out the topsoil from our old front lawn and dumped it in the south garden in preparation for putting down gravel or pebbles or something as a water saving alternative. Yes, this project was started during the drought. Then he decided to plant hardy ground covers instead and had fresh topsoil delivered. Meanwhile I have been asking him to shovel the excess soil to the top of the slope so that we can level the lower section and start figuring out where to put the retaining wall and see how much leftover soil we might have. So today he went ahead and built the wall. I can see practical and aesthetic issues with it but I don't know if I have the energy to deal with it.
14 to 21℃ today (that's 57 to 70℉). Not much warmer for the rest of the week and more rain forecast too.
You know what it is. Men like building walls. They don't like moving dirt.
ReplyDelete