Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Early Autumn Garden

As the first month of autumn draws to a close, here's a quick update. Some of the plants that suffered in summer's heatwave are showing signs of recovering. I bought a few, just a few, plants at the annual plant fair last weekend, I still have mixed feelings about whether it was a good idea to curb my impulse buying so much. It looks like last year's green manure crop has self seeded, though the flat leaved plants might be weeds. The leaves of the trident maple already showed some colour change in late summer and it's becoming quite noticeable now. There are leaf curling spiders all over the garden (the spider photo is larger so it's worth clicking on it for a better look if you are interested). 






2 comments:

  1. Impressive, including the pink of the sedum, even the vignette of the green manure...very nice with the border behind it. Glad it's spring in my area and fall in your's!

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.