Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Rules of Geometry as They Apply to Garden Beds

So this is the garden bed where the ajugas failed. It was interesting to read on another blog that I am not the only person to have trouble growing the so-called bugleweed. Weed indeed, hah! 

We decided to try Grevillea lanigera as a groundcover. Now that I've had a chance to go and take a photo I'm updating this post.


I would have planted the two plants an even distance from the front. The way I see it, that would make it more likely the plants will look reasonably even at the front. If a third plant turns out to be needed then an infill grevillea would look less conspicuous at the back, or there's the option of planting something else, perhaps a small strappy ornamental grass for contrast.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.