Thursday, August 15, 2013

I Said Don't Use The Ladder

It was a windy day, in fact by the time Hubby came inside there was a severe weather warning. I was glad he went out to do some pruning. He is a very reluctant pruner and we had another conversation about what pruning is supposed to achieve. His version is minimalistically keeping branches off paths while mine involves apparently incomprehensible concepts such as dense foliage and nice shape. So I was glad he was going to do a little more trimming and then gather all the prunings so we can have someone come and take them away. We usually take the prunings to the green recycling depot ourselves but this big pre-spring effort has produced too much to fit in the boot of our car. However with the windy weather and his lingering cough I did not want him up a ladder. Some shrubs needed a really good haircut which could be done from the ground, and the ones that couldn't would have to wait for another day. 

So I was in the throne room when I heard outside the window @#$%....@#$%....@#$%.... CRASH!....@#$%.

Are you alright?

Yes, I, um, jumped.... more or less.

Were you up a ladder?

Um, yes.

You were up the ladder?

I have to. It's the only way I can get this done.

(Can I just mention here that the particular shrub he was working on was one I always did from the ground and it looked much better when I kept it regularly trimmed.)

So off he went to do another shrub.



And a little while late he appeared outside the window saying 
I think I can fix it. Oh well, at least he's alright.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.