Uh oh, is that Capeweed?
The red on the new growth of the Super Hedge Photinias is almost completely replaced by green now but the other photinias are looking wonderfully bright.
Most of the trees are leafed out except the silk trees. I love the trident maple, it provides the most wonderful cooling shade when I'm working in the garden. I love the pretty foliage of the Japanese maple. I just love maples! I'm trying to work out where I can squeeze in a few more.
Variegated weigela and pink salvias are flowering.
The flower buds on the eucalypt are so cute.
I take lots of photos of birds through the window but it's a special thrill when they come down into the garden while I'm outside, especially if I have my camera with me. Crested pigeons are regular visitors.
Things sure are looking beautiful your way! I love the bloom just before the eucalypt. I've never seen or heard of a crested pigeon before. What a cool looking creature!
ReplyDeleteHi Sue. I'm planning to go back through my photos sometime and put together a collection of birds.
ReplyDeleteHello Mac,
ReplyDeleteI enjoy reading gardening blogs from Australia because first - I would love to visit your beautiful country someday and second - we grow many Australilan natives in our desert gardens.
I do wish that I could grow Japanese Maples in my desert garden, but sadly they do not like our heat. The photo of the crested pigeon is just awesome...never seen one before :-)
Hi Noelle. I remember seeing some familiar local names in your posts. I hope you have the opportunity to come and visit Australia.
ReplyDelete