Apparently we've just had our wettest summer in over sixty years after our wettest spring in over thirty years. I'd hoped to get more work done in the garden but the almost perpetually boggy state of the soil hindered that ambition, though I have to admit the rain has been beneficial to the existing plantings.
For this Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day I have Salvia Wendy's Wish, Crepe Myrtles, Liriope and Hebes.















It is totally fascinating to get a glimpse into the southern hemisphere!! Here, we have daffodils and forsythia ... you have crape myrtle. It's almost like getting to see into the future!
ReplyDeleteSoon it will be like that here, soon!
ReplyDeleteLovely - I have a lot of the same plants growing in my garden here in sunny South Africa.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! We are having a very dry spring here. Love your crape myrtle photos.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see all your summer blooms...we are just beginning to see first stirrings of life. It's been so dry here...we really could use some of that rain this way!
ReplyDeleteSo, it is summer there. How cold will your winter get, and how long will it last?
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing your beautiful blooms!
Hi Sue. We get below freezing nights, I think the lowest is about -7℃ 19℉ but more typically around -4 to -2℃ or in your measurements 24-28℉. It starts to warm up in September. September and October can be lovely but the wisdom round here is not to plant out tomatoes until after Melbourne Cup day. The Melbourne Cup is Australia's biggest horse race and takes place on the first Tuesday in November.
ReplyDelete