Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Winter Solstice

Last night was 3℃ apparent temperature -4℃

37℉ apparent temperature 24℉

today's maximum was 8℃ apparent temperature 2℃

46℉ apparent temperature 35℉

and we woke up to snow on the mountains.


10 comments:

  1. Hi, Mac! I'm waking up to snow in the mountains and it's supposed to be the first day of summer here! :((( Whatever.... here's to a fabulous day, even if the weather has other ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I'm sure there's snow up there somewhere it's no longer visible from here today. Interesting how your season starts at the solstice and ours starts on the first of the month. I hope you're not getting icy winds off the snow like we sometimes do :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated happy solstice to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew Australia got snow anywhere. So cool...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've often heard that comment. People don't associate sunny Australia with snow. In fact Australia has ski resorts in the mountains around the border of New South Wales and Victoria and also ski fields in Tasmania. Sometimes it even snows in the Blue Mountains near Sydney. There's been more snow on our local mountains over the last couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mac,
    I hope things are going well for you. Thanks for your comment on my GBBD post. Yes, I am smiling, and would be more if I wasn't in battle with the squirrels and rabbits. It's been too hot to be out much this week, but I looked out and saw a swallowtail, so went out to try to get its photo. It flew away as soon as I opened the door, but I walked around and saw a plant that I had put in a few weeks ago lying on its side, dug up by a squirrel. I replanted it, and hope it survives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, I hope your plant recovers!
    The only rabbit we ever had visit our garden used to just nibble the lawn. The roos also used to eat the lawn, and leave their little calling cards, not so nice. We've also had an echidna and a fox and a couple of snakes visit. We don't have squirrels in Australia. I love them but that's easy to say when they're not munching MY garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. snow... a distant memory for me. Today is 100F, same tomorrow, 102 for Friday and NO RAIN in sight. I just keep pouring water on my plants :)

    Nice stopping by to visit with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your heatwave is over soon!

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.