Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tired and Grumpy

Well, this is what's left of the correa that featured in my original header photo. The drainage still isn't good enough I think.


Time to find this conifer another spot... again. It wasn't the right choice for the first location and is now way too crowded here and I have plans for that space so hubby moved it... and then moved it again. Fourth time lucky?


I would have taken more photos but I reached for the secateurs... just a quick trim here... and there... and next thing I knew we were having a very late takeaway dinner. And not really that much to show for the effort, though hubby did some nice realigning of paths. And I'm not going to check but I have a feeling my To Do List got longer not shorter.

Why can't I have a garden like this one? Oh wait, that IS our garden.

4 comments:

  1. Conifers can be a bit fussy can't they? That said I know almost nothing about them (only what I have just read in the Wollemi Pine book). Amazingly the Wollemi Pine likes acidity of less than 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we keep working and working, getting behinder and behinder. Then when we stop to look - our hard work has paid off! Lovely garden. Sorry about your correa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've moved plants four times, too! Usually by then I get it right since I have enough info on what they don't like. Once I start pruning, I can be gone for hours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Location, location, location. That should be the gardener's mantra, because that is how many times it takes to find the right one.

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.