Returning from visiting some Open Gardens I had a wander around our own garden before going inside.
What a great coincidence, camera at the ready and cooperative wildlife.
He sat there for quite a while.
This hebe is looking lovely at the moment.
Hmm, so just how long do cucumber (?) seeds stay viable in the soil?
Speaking of seeds, how cute are these.
The gazania has produced a bunch more flowers.
As has the calibrachoa.
Did I mention I went shopping earlier in the week.
It was 32℃ 90℉ after a warmish night and an early morning low of 12 ℃ 53℉.








Beautiful cooperative wildlife!
ReplyDeleteHi Mac, thank you for dropping by at my page. Thank you also for the tulips tips. Yeah, I guess you're right...can't really plant them in a humid country. We do have tulips plantation here, in the state of Perak...up on top of a highlands. Really like your photos. The purple flowers (3rd photos from top)...what are those? They are really nice!
ReplyDeleteYou did go shopping. More plants to tend and love. And the weather to make them happy.
ReplyDeleteIt's raining again and chance of showers forecast all next week so I don't know when I'll get anything done in the garden. Of course sometimes chance of showers turns into just a cooler cloudy day,perfect for working in the garden, so we shall see...
ReplyDeleteHi Arfah. Ah yes, that's right, the mountainous hinterlands tend to be much cooler. The purple flowers are on a shrub called a Hebe. There's a huge number of different varieties, I can't remember which one that is. It was one of the first we planted many years ago.
Mac,
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed looking around your site and seeing your beautiful plantings! I have admired many a hebe, but alas it is just a touch too cold for them in Pennsylvania, USA... my cool part of it anyway.
I look forward to reading more about your summer, as we are preparing ourselves for snow. Nice to see some green in the world!
Thanks for stopping by WMG!
Julie
Your Butterfly photos are so beautiful. The Hebe is gorgeous.I love those lavender blooms. I will have to visit your garden to see flowers now that winter is coming in to take mine.
ReplyDeleteHi there fellow Aussie,
ReplyDeletethanks for visiting my blog. Nice to get a butterfly shot where the butterfly sits long enough to be able to take a couple of shots. I love those hebe flowers.
Oh, 90 degrees! Very warm there. Love the shot of the butterfly - so pretty. I have some calibrachoa that came up unexpectedly - I loved seeing that little surprise!
ReplyDeleteIt went down to 5℃ 41℉ last night, I woke up shivering. I'm resisting the urge to turn the heater back on.
ReplyDelete