Sunday, February 5, 2012

Summer (Intermittently)

We're having a very cool wet summer. One day it only got up to 19℃ 66℉. Some nights we have the heater on. I feel bad about whining when people are enduring much worse elsewhere, bad floods up north, blizzards in the US, and the big freeze in Europe. But I must admit to feeling very sluggish and disinterested most of the time.

Just before Christmas my husband noticed a split down the trunk of our silk tree. We were able to get an arborist out to have a look and he tied it up and gave us instructions on how to screw it together, which my husband did a few weeks later.



The agapanthus are flowering.


Big snail, even bigger shadow.

2 comments:

  1. To dobrze, że drzewo będzie nadal całe żyło. Miło popatrzeć na kwitnący kwiatek, bo u nas śnieg i mróz. Pozdrawiam.*** It is good that the whole tree will continue to live. Nice to look at a blooming flower, because in our snow and frost. Yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised and happy when the arborist said the tree could be fixed.
    I hope your weather will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.