Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Photinia

I thought it would be interesting, and maybe useful for others, to document the new growth of the photinias. This hedge is the variety called Superhedge.

23 July

31 July

10 August

21 August

29 August

2 September

14 September
the bright afternoon light is enhancing the colour

21 September

25 September

29 September

3 October

15 October

19 October
after hub did an unannounced pruning

26 October
there are some flowers developing though
not as many as if it hadn't been pruned

2 November

14 November

21 November
you can just see in the last two photos
the browned flowers on the right side

3 comments:

  1. Great photos. I've seen Photonia hedges when I've visited Canberra to see the grandchildren. It must be perfect conditions for them there. They are a wonderful plant - always changing but looking good no matter when.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is impressively diligent photographing! I always plan to do that and then go all random and never follow through. So I am in awe. And it is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After all that I missed getting a good photo of the flowers. Oh well :-)

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.