Saturday, October 15, 2011

Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day

It seems I started posting on Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day last November so I can't make a comparison with one specific mid-month post, but I did a few garden updates in October and I'm a little disappointed.  The diosmas are flowering but most not as profusely, the hardenbergia has barely produced any blooms, the tetratheca is sulking, the pigface is bare. However the little gum tree has done better this year. The most spectacular show is the choisya between the garage and the fence which is only visible if I crawl through the jungle.

Last night's minimum was 12℃ 53℉ and it is currently in mid-afternoon 23℃ 73℉, breezy and partly cloudy though no sign of the forecast rain.

diosma

seaside daisy

eucalypt

choisya

The peak of spring, how pathetic, how disheartening. But if you'd like to see lots and lots and lots of blooms I've posted about this week's excursions on my other blog.

5 comments:

  1. Mac, I hear your disappointment. It can be so frustrating when our gardens don't live up to past expectations. The lack of rain sounds like it's been a problem for you too. I pray some finds its way to your garden soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is in Canberra at the moment visiting some of our grandchildren. He says the weather is lovely, but I hope you get some rain for your garden. I love your flowering eucalypt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've had lots of rain, maybe the plants are confused after the years of drought? I really don't know. One of the reasons for this blog was to compare different years.
    I hope you husband is having a lovely visit Missy. The weather has been great the last few days. Oh, my husband said he heard rain a couple of nights ago. But the days have been really nice at last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the flowers you have blooming. I think the eucalypt is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very pleased with the eucalypt this year. I just wish I could photograph it better to do it justice.

    ReplyDelete

I've removed word verification to make it easier for visitors to say hi. It would be lovely to know there's someone out there apart from the mystery websites.